Yayyyyyyyyyyy! It’s my one year blogiversary since starting Piplup’s Shadow! It has been such a wild year with first starting at piplupsshadow.blogspot.com and then moving here at piplupsshadow.wordpress.com! There’s been a lot of highs and lows since starting this blog but overall it has been so much fun and I can’t wait to see where this takes me!
First of all, I want to thank some bloggers and authors who have helped me along the way and have become really dear friends of mine. Some special shoutouts to…
- Breanna @ RecommendsBook (Yo, you’re cool man. So glad I got to know you better! Thanks to always being there and having fun with me. Here’s to meeting in real life soon!)
- Claire @ BlankSlaters Reads (Dude you’re always there to talk about books and have seen my blog grow since the very first day, thank you for staying by my side all this time.)
- Duane @ Duane Reads (Duane you’re hilarious and always there to fangirl with me over Truthwitch! Love ya, and thanks for everything!)
- My Firewitches (Sondra, Megan, Aneli, Faith, and Jana thank you all so much for making my day, for always making me laugh, and for always having my back! Y’all mean so much to me.)
- Thissi @ Pages of Escape (Thanks Thissi for looking out for me! Your tweets are so relatable and never fail to put a smile on my face. Stay awesome man.)
- S. Usher Evans (Dude you are like one of the coolest authors ever and I am so thankful to have your support. Thanks for always believing in me Sush, even when no one else does.)
Thank you all so much for your support! Even if you aren’t listed here, know that I appreciate your support so, so, so much! All of you have made blogging and being a part of the book community that much more exciting and fun. All your tweets, comments and messages always make my day, especially when I am feeling down. I can’t wait to get to know you all better in the years to come!
Anyways, this year has been such an accomplishment. I feel that I’ve accomplished quite a lot for what I set out to do, and even though I may not be as successful as other blogs, I quite proud of what I’ve managed to do! Let’s see:
- 112 posts (including this one!)
- 75 blog followers
- Moving from Blogger to WordPress
- Starting a co-blog
- Meeting fellow bloggers at real life book events
- Having several authors following me on Twitter (eeep!)
- First requested ARC: The Star Touched Queen
- First Unsolicited ARC: Don’t I Know You?
I haven’t done too many things so far, but everything so far is so, so important to me! I’m just so surprised that a year has already gone by, I just can’t. (As you can see, I still can’t properly form thoughts lol.)
A year has come and gone, so what now? Well, I’ve learned quite a bit, and I thought I would list 3 important things I have learned about blogging so far!
1. Connecting with others in the book community!
Over the course of the year, I’ve found it so important to connect with others who are in the book community because there is so much to learn from others who have been doing this longer than you have, and have more experience at blogging! Also, through others I have read so many new books that I never would have HEARD of if I didn’t talk to them. It’s just so much fun!
2 .Post whenever you can, it doesn’t have to be everyday!
I found that after blogging for 8 months I can’t keep a steady schedule at all, and I went on hiatus twice in the past year because of in real life things. I learned that you CAN take a break. Your readers won’t kill you, and they will always be there when you come back to blog. Well, I mean I hope so.
3. Love what you’re doing!
And lastly, truly love what you are doing because otherwise you will hate it and blogging will feel more like a chore to you than blogging for fun. When I tried blogging at least 4 times a week, it started feeling more like a chore so I started disliking it and almost wanted to stop, hence the hiatus, but then I realized I love blogging, and I really didn’t want to stop, so I started taking it slow and blogging only maybe once or twice a week and that worked out much better. I love reading and blogging, I’m not sure I can stop at this point.
Once, again thank you all so much for your support, your views, your tweets, our conversations, and, well, you. Without you, I couldn’t have made it this far, so rock on!